Amethyst in Minecraft
How to get a budding amethyst block in Minecraft
Wondering how to get budding amethyst blocks in Minecraft this post is going to explain where to find them, how they work, and what they can produce.
The budding amethyst block is a new block in the 1.17 update caves and cliffs. This information is based on the latest snapshot at this point it is not in the game and is only available in snapshots.
- The budding amethyst block can be found in the new structure called the amethyst geode. This is a new structure that can be found underground between sea level and bedrock it is a common structure.
- The geode can be exposed to the surface for example beaches and underwater in oceans. There is a 95% chance for a geode to have a crack in it.
- The outer two layers of the geode will be composed of a new block called tuff and calcite.
Budding amethyst block
The inner layer of the geode is composed of amethyst blocks both the amethyst block and the budding amethyst block.
- Both of these blocks look similar but budding amethyst will have an “X” shape on it or a creeper face if you will.
- The budding amethyst block cannot be mined or even mined with silk touch enchanted tools it also won’t drop if you use TNT pistons or sticky pistons on it the only way of using the budding amethyst blocks is by finding an amethyst geode.
- The budding amethyst block is the only block that the amethyst buds and amethyst clusters can grow on amethyst buds are stages 1 to 3 and stage 4 is the amethyst cluster.
- The amethyst cluster has to be mined with an iron pickaxe or batter when mined the amethyst cluster can drop 0-4 amethyst shards.
- The fortune enchantment which can be put on the pickaxe will increase the drops when breaking a block.
- The maximum level of fortune is 3. Each level of enchantment increases the potential amethyst shards by 4. At level 3 fortune you can get 0-16 amethyst shards. The way the amethyst buds and clusters grow is similar to cocoa beans.
- The budding amethyst block has to be exposed to air or water to grow amethyst buds.
- There are 4 different stages there is a 20% chance at each random tick for an amethyst bud to avenge 1 stage.
- A random tick on average is 68 seconds although it can vary it could take 5 minutes for an amethyst bud to advance 1 stage.
The amethyst shards have 3 different crafting recipes:
- The first is four amethyst shards can be crafted into a block of amethyst however, a block of amethyst cannot be crafted back into 4 amethyst charts so it isn’t a good way of storing amethyst shards at this point amethyst blocks are only a decorative block.
- The second is 2 copper ingots and an amethyst shard can be crafted into spy glass. Copper ore is as common as iron ore it can be found from sea level to bedrock and it has to be mined with the stone pickaxe or better. The spy glass when used will allow you to zoom in the default field division in the game is 70. The spyglass will be 1/10 of this so we’ll give you a field division of 7 the spy glass when you’re using it will also slow down your walking speed.
- The last crafting recipe is 4 amethyst shards and glass can be crafted into 2 tinted glass. The tinted glass will block light but still be transparent this could be useful for some farms like mob and mushrooms as they rely on a low light level.
Where to find Amethyst geode in Minecraft
Wondering where to find amethyst geode and Minecraft. This post is going to explain where they generate, what blocks generate in the amethyst geode in Minecraft. This information is based on the latest snapshot, the 20 w 51A. The amethyst geode is a new structure in the 1.17 update.
The amethyst Geode is a common structure that can generate anywhere from sea level or y layer 64 to bedrock.
Amethyst Geode can generate exposure to the surface, such as on beaches and underwater in oceans. Also in any biome, that a geode is below Y=70.
There is also a 95% chance the geode will generate with a crack exposing the inside. The crack of the geode can intersect with a cave the way the geo generates.
It can override other structures like caves, ravines, and mineshafts; but can be overridden by other structures. This means that certain structures have more priority than the amethyst geode, but the amethyst geode has more priority than other structures.
The outer layer of the geode will be composed of tuff. Tuff, can be mined by any pickaxe and drop. Otherwise, it will be destroyed.
Tuff has a darkish grey texture at this point, it is only a decorative block and has no other uses. The next layer is the calcite. It is a whitish-gray texture. It can be mined by any pickaxe otherwise it will be destroyed. It is only a decorative block at this point.
The next layer is the block of amethyst. This can be broken with an iron pickaxe or better. Also, it is a decorative block.
- The next block is a budding amethyst. The budding amethyst looks similar to the block of amethyst, but it has an X or creeper face on it.
- The budding amethyst cannot be obtained in any way, not even with silk touch and chanted tools or TNT. Mining or using a piston on it will destroy the budding amethyst.
- The budding amethyst block can grow amethyst buds and amethyst clusters on its surface. The surface of the budding amethyst has to be exposed to air or water.
- The growth mechanics for the amethyst buds are similar to cocoa pods.
- Every random tick, there’s a 20% chance for to advance 1 stage.
- A random tick on average is about 68 seconds, although it can vary, it could take 5 minutes to advance the amethyst bud 1 stage.
- There are 4 stages 1-3 it is an amethyst bud when it reaches level 4, it is an amethyst cluster.
- If you mind an amethyst bud, will destroy the bud and not drop anything. If you mind an amethyst cluster with an iron pickaxe or better, that will drop 4 amethyst shards.
- The fortune enchantment, which can be placed on a pickaxe, increases the chances of drops when breaking a block.
- The maximum level of fortune is3. With amethyst clusters, there’s a possible 4 extra drops of amethyst shards at each level of the enchantment. At level 3 fortune, you can get a maximum of 16 amethyst shards from amethyst cluster.
- Using a pick axe that’s enchanted with silk touch, which drops the block instead of breaking it. It will drop the amethyst cluster or the amethyst bud.
- Both buds and clusters can be placed on any block and face different orientations depending on the block they are placed on.
Amethyst shards different crafting recipes
Amethyst shards have 3 different crafting recipes.
- The first is 4 Amethystshards can be crafted into a block of amethyst. However, a block of amethyst cannot be crafted back into 4 amethyst shards. So this isn’t a good way of storing amethyst charts.
- The second is to copper in gets and an amethyst shark can be crafted into a Spyglass. Copper or is as common as iron ore. It can be found from sea level down to bedrock. It has to be mined by a pickaxe or better. The spyglass one used will allow you to zoom in the default field of vision in the game is 70.The spyglass will take 110 of this, so it will give you a field of vision of 7.The spyglass will also slow down your walking speed when you’re using it.
- The last crafting recipe is for amateur’s shards and glass can be crafted into 2 tinted glass. The tinted glass will block light but still be transparent. This could be useful for some farms, like mob and mushrooms as they rely on a low light level. This will allow you to keep a farm dark and be able to see into it.
You may also read